Home
Contact

Hypnosis

"The hypnosis was an extraordinary experience for me! It made me feel calm and relaxed.
Adriana Gonzalez, Elementary & Jr. H.S. Teacher

"I am recommending you to all my friends. It's good stuff. Thanks again, Susan. You are a lovely person and you did a great job."
Valerie Gilbert

What Is Hypnosis?


Hypnosis is a totally natural state that we all move in and out of normally several times throughout our day. Have you ever daydreamed? You were in a state of hypnosis. Do you ever get totally engrossed in a book or movie and lose track of time, perhaps choosing not to answer the phone when it rings? You are in self-induced hypnosis. Television easily hypnotizes us - ask any couch potato!

If you've ever gone over and over a problem or fight you'd had while driving home and missed your exit, or found yourself pulling into your driveway without knowing how you'd gotten home, you know what being hypnotized is. While your conscious mind was busy re-living the problem, thinking of all the things you "should've" done or said, your subconscious mind got you home in one piece.


Basically, you have one mind with two parts: The Conscious Mind and The Subconscious Mind. To fully understand what Hypnosis is and how you can use it to change unwanted behavior, you must first understand the difference between your two minds. Let's first look at The Conscious Mind.

Your Conscious Mind is the part of your mind that controls all of your cognitive behavior - everything you do that you are consciously aware of - for example...what you wear, what you say, what you choose to eat, how you comb your hair, and even the decision you made to read this paragraph. These are things you do that you are consciously aware of.

Your Subconscious Mind is the part of your mind that operates like a computer. It is a big warehouse, or storehouse of information. It remembers. IT REMEMBERS EVERYTHING. Your Subconscious Mind does not make judgments or decisions. It stores and recalls every piece of information ever put into it, every memory, every idea, every emotion...no right, no wrong, only data.

Your Subconscious Mind also controls your pulse, your blood pressure, how fast your hair grows (or how fast it falls out), and about a million other things every day.


 Subscribe to our mailing list 
E-mail:

Have you ever heard that scientists say we use only 10% of our mind? The 10% that they're talking about is our Conscious Mind. The other 90% is our Subconscious Mind.

Imagine a room with 10 people in it. How hard would it be for one person (10%) to try and convince the other 9 people (90%) to go along with what s/he wanted? That's what you're doing when you try and use only your Conscious Mind to make changes in your behavior or life. Why struggle, when you can easily get all 100% behind you, all wanting the same thing? That's Hypnosis!

You see, decisions are made with the Conscious Mind. So when you make a decision to lose weight, quit smoking, or change any other type of unwanted behavior, you are trying to make that decision with only 10% of your total mind - the CONSCIOUS MIND.

The SUBCONSCIOUS MIND is unaware that a new behavior is being introduced and so it basically ignores it. Let me explain this in another way...


Let's imagine someone who always eats a cookie at 4:00 p.m. One day that person decides they want to lose weight (a Conscious Decision), so they think, "I'm going to cut out my 4:00 cookie". Comes 4:00 and the SUBCONSCIOUS MIND asks "Where is my cookie?" And so the person fights the feeling and steels themselves to resist eating that cookie, because they have made the decision to lose weight. They think, "No, I'm going to resist this because I want to lose weight." And their Subconscious Mind says, "Great! But where's my cookie??" And most often the person loses the battle and eats the cookie.

In this scenario, the Subconscious is only responding to its previous programming to eat a cookie at 4:00. With Hypnosis, you can actually REPROGRAM your SUBCONSCIOUS MIND and make it aware of your desire and choice to lose weight (cut out the cookie), quit smoking, become healthier, respond differently to stressful situations, etc. And now, your Subconscious will be agreeing with your Conscious decision, and change is not only easier, more effortless, but actually enjoyable and doesn't involve strong willpower. Now 100% of your mind is helping you achieve your desire.


The most powerful tool in the world is the human mind. Your mind. Learn how to help it work for you, not against you. Let us teach you how to allow your Subconscious to help you succeed , not be an obstacle blocking you from your goal.

The time to take charge of your life is now. Hypnosis can help. Contact us and start being the New You now.

You can do it. We are here to help you and guide you through your process.

CALL NOW
1-212-889-5362.
SNF@NewBehaviorInstitute.com

Click The Link Below To Download
Self-Hypnosis

Requires Adobe Reader© 6.0 to view.
Click below for a free downloadable version.


Myths about Hypnosis

What are some of the common Myths and Misconceptions about Hypnosis?

Do I lose control when I am hypnotized?
The only form of Hypnosis that exists is actually Self-Hypnosis. Your Hypnotist is your facilitator, helping you to reach a deep, relaxed state which allows your subconscious mind to become more actively engaged. It is a form of focused concentration. The Hypnotist is never, at any time, controlling you. In fact, the focus of Hypnosis is to help YOU to be more in control of your mind, your feelings, your body, and to help you make the changes that YOU choose to make.

Does the medical community accept Hypnosis?
The American Medical Association (AMA) has recognized and accepted Hypnosis since 1958 as an effective treatment method. Doctors are required to take 20 hours of training in Medical School. Philip Morris recommends Hypnosis on their website if people wish to stop smoking. A recent Harvard University Study (2005) by 2 professors (Ginandes & Rosenthal) of the Radiology Department at the Harvard Medical School concluded that Hypnosis may well "accelerate healing at the tissue level." The New York Times Science section (Dec. 15, 2005) recently wrote an article on Hypnosis. They stated, "Hypnosis...is receiving some new respect from neuroscientists." And on Sept. 20, 2005, Psychology Today had an article titled, "The Power of Hypnosis". They stated, "Studies show that hypnosis can treat everything from chronic pain to poor study habits. Chances are, it can work for you."

CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO TRY HYPNOSIS?
Contact us at 1-212-889-5362.
SNF@NewBehaviorInstitute.com

What if I can't be hypnotized?
As long as you can relax, you can be hypnotized. Depth of hypnosis has no bearing on a successful outcome for positive change.

What if I fall asleep?
In Hypnosis you are not asleep; you are relaxed. You can hear what is being said and are aware of what is happening around you. If you should drift off momentarily to sleep, remember that that is your Conscious Mind that is drifting and that is fine. The Hypnotist is talking with your Subconscious Mind, and that part of your mind is listening.

Will I bark like a dog and be made to act foolishly?
No one can be made to do anything against their will or that violates their moral code. Stage Hypnosis is different from Clinical Hypnosis. If you watch a stage hypnosis show carefully, notice how the hypnotist will only take volunteers, and then screen them until he has just the right type on stage. They are choosing people who want to be the center of attention and are willing to act silly. Under Hypnosis, a person can easily refuse to do whatever they don't wish to do and can take themselves instantly out of hypnosis if they want to.

I've never experienced being in hypnosis.
You actually go in and out of hypnosis (trance) daily and may not have realized it. Typically you go into hypnosis or trance at least twice a day: When you're nodding off to sleep and when you are just waking up. At these times, your brain wave patterns are in a Theta Wave Pattern and that is the same wave pattern during Hypnosis.

"I found the sessions completely inspirational and cathartic. There is a genuine warmth and secure feeling Susan brings to the sessions. One definitely feels safe to talk to her. My expectations were far exceeded."
K. Lewis
Account Executive



New Behavior Institute
145 East 27th Street, Suite 11K
New York, NY 10016
Phone: 1-212-889-5362
SNF@NewBehaviorInstitute.com
TheWebElves.com a div. of Kalarhythms.org